It's time once again to reflect on the "madness" that is motherhood. No roses are red, violets are blue for me. I know I am not the only mother with a touch of locura. I have plenty of company.
You belong to the same club if:
• You cook rice with every meal. Arroz blanco, arroz amarillo, arroz con gandules...
• You clean with Fabuloso or if your old school with Pine Sol. You blast the salsa and dance with the mop, broom or vacuum.
• You check in on your own mother several times a week. Sí, mommy...
• You don't want your children too far from you (old school), but check their wings and let them fly (new school).
• You know the meaning of chancleta and so do your children. If you're new school, you use "time out" but keep the chancleta on ice...
• You taught your children to love El Gran Combo and Will.I.Am.
• Your kids think you're cool because you rock to Calle 13 and Don Omar.
• You know what tongonear is and how to do it to your children, and your kids love it.
• And lastly, when your child says, "I hate you! You're ruining my life," you smile and say, "Ay, mija..."
I leave you with a few motherly words by Spanish singer-composer, and one my favorite artists, Alejandro Sanz:
...No hay amor como este mío
No hay distancia que esté lejos
Desde lejos nos queremos...
¡Feliz Día de las Madres!